Sunday, August 5, 2012

Clink, Clink, Clink

It's the sound I have been hearing the last few days, as I picked up Arya's baby blanket again.  I started it back in August 2011(?) when we were both certain we were having a boy.  I picked out this pretty green color called boxwood, that had wool, cashmere and nylon in it, so it had a warmth, softness and sheen to it.  I picked the green because it is Neil's favorite color and I thought it would be great for Hudson (our baby boy name at the time).  When I found out we were having a girl, I immediately wished I had purple yarn to work with.  And because of that, it sat, for almost a year, only 12 rows in. Out of hundreds, probably.

I finally got the urge to start it back up after reading though about a year of archives from Soulemama.  I absolutely LOVE that blog.  It makes me yearn to live in Maine, where the weather gets colder than Duluth, yet close enough to the water, albeit the Atlantic for them and the Pacific for me.  Amongst others, it also made me want to pick up the knitting needles again.

No comments: