Sunday, January 13, 2013

January Meal Ideas

Here are 8 meals and side dishes I'm going to try this month!  Updates on the dishes are at the end.

from kayotic.nl
from allrecipes.com
from foodandwine.com


from Katheats.com
from tasteofhome.com
from bakerette.com
from greatist.com
from intoxicology.net



1. Roasted Vegetables and Sausage  made this and it took FOREVER to roast, about 2 hours.  the Fennel was really good, the yellow onions were too much for me and we added little button cremini mushrooms.  The turkey italian sausage both gave us an upset stomach for days, so we'll try a different meat next time. 
2. Meatloaf  --I love a different recipe, but only have ground beef, so I'm giving it a try  Neil made this for me while I was at work and ended up using a different recipe.  It's one I would have NEVER tried because it had ketchup and oatmeal in it, but I'm a convert, it was delicious.  Arya loved it too. 
3. Blueberry Syrup --have a bunch frozen in the freezer and we're almost out of regular syrup
4. Zucchini & Shrimp Pesto Pasta
5. Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
6. Baked Salmon
7. Avocado Pasta
8. Frenchy Cocktail  I couldn't commit to getting a $17 bottle of pear vodka, so I got a little bottle. It smelled SO good.

No comments: