Thursday, March 6, 2014

Toddler Friendly Meal :: 1

Daddy's Carbonara from www.food52.com
I grabbed a good looking cookbook from the library the day before our camping trip and stole peeks at it during our quick excursion to Julian.  The cookbook is pretty cool.  They are all contest winners from a blog called Food52 and the chefs are all regular home cooks.  While I like a bunch of them, I decided to try Daddy's Carbonara.  Arya's been loving peas and bacon lately, so I thought this would be a hit.  Also, I've never made REAL carbonara, I've always chickened out and made it with garlicky alfredo sauce instead.  I now can say I'm a convert.  Super easy and super good!

We halved the recipe and baked the bacon in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes.

Toddler verdict: Absolutely loved it!  She asked for thirds :)

1 comment:

karinlador said...

Making this tonight. Thanks for the idea and thanks for introducing me to Food52! What a great site!