Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yummy food

Neil and I have been getting in the habit of freezing food. For instance, we made a huge batch of meatballs for spaghetti and then froze them in groups of 4 meatballs to use at a later date. We still have about half of them left. We also grilled about 8 flank and ribeye steaks after we marinated them in a carne asada mixture. We cooked them to med. rare to rare and then packaged those up to be used for carne asada tacos or burritos. Yesterday, Neil cooked up an entire bag of dry garbanzo beans and then froze them in 1 cup increments to use at a later date for falafel, hummus, etc. My goal sometime this week is to make swedish meatballs. There is a recipe in the the December 2008 issue of Everyday Food from Martha Stewart that I wanted to try. Hopefully they will turn out well.

For Thanksgiving, we are going to have cornish hens, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and pumpkin cheesecake. We don't have a springform pan, but I'm going to try and do without. I'm going to start keeping a list of recipes we use at each holiday. I think that will be fun.

Have a good day!

No comments: