Thursday, September 15, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

photo credit: Once A Month Mom

One of my pregnancy cravings last month or so was Stovetop Stuffing. Don't ask me why. I don't really remember eating as a kid and if I really thought about it, the idea of soggy bread crumbs isn't too appetizing. But craving it as I was, it ended up in the shopping cart and by the time I got home with it, I changed my mind about it. :)

I found this freezer meal recipe called Chicken Stuffing Bake from Once A Month Mom and the stars were aligned. I had thawed chicken in the fridge that needed to be used (no longer wanted to make what I was going to make with it) and had that darn stuffing in the cupboard. To top it off, Neil was a sweetie and said he would make it and have it ready for when I got home.

Oh, it was beyond delightful. Definitely a winner! The stuffing on top was crisp, and the soup mixture below made the rest of it very thick and tasty.

I asked Neil when he started making it...4:30? Nope, about 5:50 (I get home at 6:30) and it baked for 45 minutes. He said it literally took 5 minutes to prepare. It made us both think it wasn't really worth wasting the space in the freezer for a freezer meal. Thawing the chicken is the biggest battle.

No comments: