Saturday, October 22, 2011

Potential Freezer & Crockpot Meals

So I've started making a list of foods to freeze or make in the crockpot once Milly is here. I can't believe it, but it was pretty hard to come up with a list. Neil and I have gotten into this horrible habit of either eating the same thing over and over, week after week, or making it easy on ourselves and either going out to eat or getting hot soup at the expensive grocery store that is right next to our condo. I used to cook a lot and now I don't too much experimenting.

Off to Pinterest I went to try and come up with some things. Vanessa always has good stuff, so I look there and then I go in search of other things. I ended up at Joelens and Pioneer Woman .

Freezer Meals:
Meatballs-from Oelrich cookbook
Lasagna-Mom's recipe-need to get
Tomato Soup
pork carnitas-looking for a recipe to match Chipotles
Asian salmon
Stuffed mushrooms
Lime Chicken Taco meat
Hashbrown bakes for breakfast

Frozen partial meals:
Browned turkey and sausage (for Hillbilly spaghetti pie) -1 lb. increments
Chicken and cheese wrapped in taco sized flour tortillas (for Chicken Enchiladas-absolute favorite!!)- 8 per pan (maybe 24 total)
Marinated Teriyaki Chicken cubes (for Neil's awesome stirfry/fried rice-blog to come about that)
Tilapia
Shredded chicken-2 c. increments (from whole chicken cooked in crock pot)- for Chicken Spaghetti
Chicken Broth- 2 c. increments (from whole chicken cooked in crock pot)-Oelrich Cookbook
Chicken Pot Pie filling -need to add topping, either refrigerator biscuits, puff pastry or mashed potatoes

Crockpot:
Potato Soup

I'm not exactly sure how far that will get us, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments: