Monday, October 31, 2011

Meal Plan 10/31/11 to 11/6/11

After seeing Bridget's post about their food budget, I decided it was high time to follow suit.  Over the last month or so, we've started this stockpile of food, our fridge is full, our freezer is full and our pantry is full.  And why not start it now?  It's almost the start of a new month.

So here is our grand plan.  Budget: $100.  YES, I said $100!!  Before you think we're nuts, Neil will be gone for the whole second week of November, so it will just be me, resisting the urge to eat out every night and we are not including Thanksgiving (we may have a friendly potluck, which would blow our budget). Still, we may fail miserably, but if I shop the sales, I can usually get our regular items that we buy each week on sale somewhere.  Neil and I both feel we have to shoot for the moon and see how close we come.  And as I mentioned, we do have A LOT of food already here waiting to be eaten.

As for eating out. We are going to budget $100 for the both of us.  It's usually not that we are eating out together, it is out of convenience during our weekends or at lunch while we are at work.  I tend to run out of food at work (I get hungry), so that's when I run out and get something more.  My goal is to bring lots of food everyday.

Every Monday, for 4 weeks, I'm going to list out our meals. If they have an * next to them, that means I have all the ingredients on hand.

Monday
Breakfast: *Toaster Struedal and *Apple with *PB
Lunch: *Annie's Creamy Tuna Spirals (like Tuna Helper, but cheaper at Target, .93 cents!)
Dinner: *Spanish Rice and *Refried Beans and *frozen veggies
Cost: None

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Hashbrowns
Lunch: *Apple, *Annie's Creamy Tuna Spirals leftovers
Dinner: ??
Cost: ??

Wednesday
Breakfast: *Oatmeal and *Apple with *PB
Lunch: *Macaroni and Cheese, *crackers, *meat and *cheese
Dinner: *Spaghetti and *frozen veggies
Cost: None

Thursday
Breakfast: *Toaster Struedal and *Apple with *PB
Lunch: *Spaghetti leftovers
Dinner: *Chicken Pot Pie with *Biscuit topping
Cost: None

Friday
Breakfast: *Oatmeal and Fruit
Lunch: *Chicken Pot Pie Leftovers
Dinner: *Homemade pizza with ham
Cost: Fruit

Saturday
Breakfast: *Toaster Struedal and *Fruit
Lunch: At Barnes & Noble event -eat out
Dinner: *Soup and *Homemade Bread
Cost: Eating out

Sunday
Breakfast: *Oatmeal and Fruit
Lunch: Chicken Enchiladas
Dinner: Neil is gone, me leftovers
Cost: around $5


Grocery List:
5lb bag of Russet Potatoes= .99 cents
Tortillas
Sour Cream
Fruit
Milk




No comments: