Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Holy Grail of Frosting

I have found it!  The illusive frosting that I've never been able to find!  Not to sweet, not too sticky, but still has that marshmallowy, cloud-like texture!  If the cake is kept in the fridge, then it's more like buttercream. And what's even better is that it called for ingredients I always have on hand.  No need to go buy a pound of powdered sugar like all the other recipes called for.

Here's what you need:
  •  Tablespoons Flour
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 cup Butter
  • 1 cup Granulated Sugar (not Powdered Sugar!)

For the recipe, follow the link!

I think it would be decadent on chocolate cake, but it was just as yummy on yellow cake.

Notes:  I started beating the butter/sugar mixture before starting the milk/flour mixture to allow more time.  I was never able to get all the sugar to dissolve, but that turned out to be O.K.  Next time, I'll try and get all the sugar to dissolve. Also, be sure the whisk the milk/flour mixture constantly.  I heated it up on medium and it thickened up really fast.  It took about 20 minutes for the mixture to get to room temperature.  I also tinted the milk/flour mixture to change the color, instead of the final product.

Super Yummy!!!

No comments: