Friday, January 17, 2014

Minimalist Mama Makeup

I've been looking for a simple routine that will make it look like I'm awake and have some color on my face.  After several Youtube videos and testing out different products, I think I've finally found something that works for me.  It's super fast and it makes me look like I tried to look put together. It provides a good enough day look, but it's also a good base to add a few steps if I have time. I've noticed I don't always do all the steps, so here are basics and the add-ons if I have time. I should also mention that I put eye cream on and moisturized my face beforehand.

The basics
for undereye (to get rid of my dark circles!)
Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste in 1 Fair, use with finger --love this!
BareMinerals Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Concealer in Bisque / brush --used to use this on it's own, but now I need more coverage.

for eyes:
Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly, use with finger -- love this!
Jordana Eyeliner
eye curler

for cheeks and lips:
NARS blush in Madly / brush
tinted lipgloss

Add-ons:
for eyes: Dark brown shadow in my eye crease / brush
mascara-rarely, but I do use it sometimes

for face: bronzer on my forehead and under my cheek bones to contour.

Special occasions:
I do have a few foundations that I will pull out every once in a while.  I would say I would use one of these maybe once a month, if that.
one is full coverage
one is a BB cream
one is a mineral powder

Naked Palette-If I ever want to play around the eye color, I have this palette to use.  I use a different dark brown shadow for my add-on.



No comments: